Friday, March 20, 2009

Shon is...Talking to whomever's listening.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have quite the mouth...some consider it ignorant, some consider it smart, some consider it comedy. People cease to realize that your tongue is quite powerful: it can get you in all types of situations, both good and bad. Although I might say some things that others might not say, I always keep it 100. Some things are worth saying and at other times it's best not to say a word because a comment or reply isn't worth the energy. I live by the thought that you have two ears and one mouth and you should do twice as much listening as you do talking. And just as you have the right to choose what you say, you also have the right to choose what you want to hear.

Nevertheless, when I say certain things people tend to think something has happened that provoked me to say that...sometimes that is the case, and other times I just wanted to express myself in those words. But any of my friends can tell you that I always know what to say at the right time, and when I just need to listen I am capable of doing that as well. Have you ever noticed that the loudest, most talkative person is often the person who doesn't know much? In my opinion it is a distraction from what they lack. I don't have a problem with that, to each their own, but there's a time and a place for everything. If you are unsure of how that may apply to you, perhaps you might want to listen a little more and run your mouth a little less.

Always,

S.

1 comment:

Life. Love. Laughter. Fashion...Ms. Giselle said...

The loudest person in the room is also more times than none...the weakest.